mandag den 9. januar 2023

Poetry Monday :: Stuffed Animals

Poetry Monday is hosted by Diane, and she and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings are always posting wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read them!
  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.
  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey is on a blog break. Her inspiring poetry is sorely missed, we hope she comes back soon.

Todays theme was Stuffed Animals ~ which I misunderstood to mean Stuffy Animals.
So Stuffy Animals is what you'll get today
.

Serious, self-conscious bears
sitting in a row.
Giraffes with haughty airs
feeling in the know.
Penguins poised with lordly mien
on a berg of ice.
Cats with whiskers sleek and clean
not a single mice.
Puffed up puffins on a shelf
with their cheeky beak.
And a wedge of snooty geese
flying cheek to cheek.

Everywhere I look and seek
haughty beasts abound.
Now I wonder if this week
kinder ones are found?

Happy, waggy-tailed dogs
waiting by the door.
Carefree, playing, jumping frogs
always there are more.
Kangaroos in laid-back pose
envy them I do.
Now I'm humming "Mairzy Doats"
every where I go.

 - - - - -

Next Mondays theme is: Get lost ... is than an order, I wonder ... then I can't write here
😄

10 kommentarer:

  1. That was just right! I believe "get lost" is yours to interpret as you please.

    SvarSlet
  2. This week I shall be shopping for a stuffed toy for my new great grandson due in March. I hope to find a blue or purple dinosaur.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It seems Happy Hippos are the craze rigth now, so maybe that's what you should go for? Happypotamus like this one?

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.