søndag den 16. oktober 2022

Z to A :: Zip through Autumn ~ 4

The fourth instalment of Zip through Autumn is: Ten-year plan, SMART goals

Ten-year plan?
I haven't got one. Heck I haven't even a one year plan, or a one month plan. I have dreams, ideas, things I like and would like to do. I hope to be still alive, married and relatively fit in ten years.
  Because in ten years the Owlets will all be grown up, and have left the nest. The grandparents will probably not be along any more. This will hopefully give us the freedom to travel again as we did when we were young.

SMART goals
The capitalized SMART made me wonder, I looked it up and found:
  • Specific.
  • Measurable.
  • Achievable.
  • Relevant.
  • Time bound.
This smells of time management, career planning and so on to me. I dislike these concepts, because life cannot be scheduled, and my greatest, most memorable moments, achievements and so on happened when I was not following a plan, but followed the impulse of the moment.

But SMART goals ... lemme see:
Specific:
Aren't all goals if you look  closer.
- Stay alive!
- Stay fit (get fitter)
- Learn, or brush up languages, drawing skill and creativity.
- Write my Susan book(s)

Measurable:
Goals usually are, so:
- Wake up every morning; check so far.
- Track my biking times. Do my PE every day; happens not always, but often enough.
- Use Duolingo every day: or read some pages in a book in a foreign language.
- Use Simple Daily Drawing. As per previous Z-A I'm trying to get back up on this specific horse ...
- One or more pages of "Susan" written or corrected.
- Have something to show each evening; Jam, baubles, knit gloves, 10 kilometres, or more intangible: happiness and knowledge.

Achievable.
Yes they are,
- Well no, not staying alive, not forever at least, but for as long as possible.
- I have been fit, I can be again.
- I have learned several languages, can do.
- I'm sure I can write a book, it's not impossible. Having it published is more of a question. If all else fails self publishing would be an option. And send a copy to all blog friends and supporters!
- I have been good at drawing, can re-learn.

Relevant
... for what?
If for me and my family to have as good a time as possible for as long as possible, then yes.
If for a career or earning money or status, then no!

Time bound.
- All life is time bound, but not for me in a measurable way.

Time is not time, an hour is not an hour. Think: Waiting for a dentists' appointment ... that hour is interminable, sitting here writing on the other hand it whizzes past. Picking apples, riding my bike, playing or talking with my children, drawing, or making jam, an hour seems to be of the right length.
Maybe we should concentrate on making more of what makes an hour last an hour?

Also for me learning and practising arts are timeless skills. I'll hopefully continue to improve for years to come.

-- 💌  💣  ⌛ --

Stepping down from soap box. Well, this turned into some kind of rant. I hope you understand what I mean.

-- 📅 --

Here's a link and the list of dates and prompts. So if you care to join, get on board.

Sept 21- 27 ~  Zero excuses, Yearn to
Sept 28- Oct 4 ~ Xenodochy in blogging, Why blog
Oct 5- Oct 11 ~  Variety, Unique to my blog

Oct 12- Oct 18 ~ Ten-year plan, SMART goals
Oct 19- Oct 25 ~ Recommend, Questions for visitors
Oct 26- Nov 1 ~ Priorities, Open
Nov 2- Nov 7 ~ Never blog this, Motivating
Nov 9- Nov 15 ~ Lesson, Know where I've been
Nov 16- Nov 22 ~ Joy and Job in blogging, Ideas
Nov 23- Nov 29 ~ Happy Habits, Goal of your blog for remaining 2022
Nov 30- Dec 6 ~ Fortitude, Easy tips
Dec 7- Dec  13~ Dare, Chance
Dec 14- Dec 20 ~ Balance, Achievements in 2022

5 kommentarer:

  1. I understand exactly what you meant. And like your goals.

    SvarSlet
  2. Not a rant, just your ideas about how to do the things you want to do in life. I agree with EC.

    SvarSlet
  3. Ten year plan? I'm lucky to work out the next ten minutes some days.

    SvarSlet
  4. Super, do-able goals. You've inspired me...

    SvarSlet
  5. Your dreams, ideas sounds very doable, like every day life stuff. I definitely would like to do things to improve life a little more.

    Have a lovely day.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.