mandag den 14. oktober 2019

Poetry Monday :: Our Bucket List!

Diane gave us Our Bucket List, or I suppose my bucket list? 
 I do not have a written, dedicated bucket list. Of course I have things I would like to do, and see, and try, but it's not the stuff you normally see on such lists.
 Well the theme is set. Ready, start, rhyme!

So many places I have not been,
so many wondrous sights unseen:

  I'd like to find the rainbow's end and win myself a pot of gold.
Because I like to feast and share
I do not like meals to be spare.
  Another thing, I'd like to do: see a new continent - yes I'm bold
Australia would be my choice
For kangaroos would bring me joys.
  And then I always wanted to be a pilgrim, and I'm told
that Santiago used to be the end
of Spain, I'd like to visit there again
  I've never soared through skies above. And I would sure like to behold
My house from a hot air balloon,
On a nice, cloudless day in June.
  But what I want to most of all is to grow oh, so very old.
Because I'm curious, you know,
I want to see my children grow.
And stay with hubby, grow a tree,
I'd be so happy - as you see. 


          -- o 🛤 o --

 And writing this Bucket List made me realize just how many things I have already done.  I have lived a full, variegated, sometimes daredevilish life, When I look back, I think I must be 100 years or more. (I'm not 60 yet). 
 So a part 2 - a Have Done list will follow soon.

7 kommentarer:

  1. Love your poem. And am very glad to see a kangaroo fix appear on it.
    I have flown in hot air balloons - and it is wonderful. Santiago would be good too.
    Hooray for growing trees.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. I just could not write a poem about things I wanted to do and leave out kangaroos, could I?

      Slet
  2. Those are all such interesting things to think about - I hope you get to do some or all of them. Growing old - ah, yes, me too!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks. Growing old, and im fairly good health. That is actually what I most of all want to do.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.