mandag den 4. april 2022

Poetry Monday :: Imperfection

If you want to read some better  poetry,  Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge - and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings - who also supplies us with topics - are writing wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read.

  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month - may  we hope for more!

  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.

  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is slowly returning to blogging after her husband's passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way, now her mum needs a serious prayer too. But stilol we dare hope that she will join Poetry Monday again.

Today's topic is:
Imperfection

I'm not good at rhyming, well I feel I'm not good at anything rigth now. My neck,which I hurt as  a young one, is causing trouble, and it's raining. Sigh! Just look at this:



But still it's Poetry Monday - Imperfection ... 

Imperfection is what we got
Imperfection is not hot.
But if we contemplate
the alternative
I have to tell you, mate
it's great to be alive.

- - - - -

Next Monday's topic is one we've seen before in different variations: Pets

4 kommentarer:

  1. Perfect is an illusion. I am very happy that my imperfect self is still around - and your poem resonates with me. Thank you.

    SvarSlet
  2. Very true! My mother often complains about growing old, but sometimes - only sometimes - she will say, "But I guess the alternative is worse ..." and I'm glad she can still realize that.

    I hope your neck feels better soon. Does the rainy weather make it worse?

    SvarSlet
  3. You are perfectly imperfect, and so are we all. May your neck pain go away soon.

    SvarSlet
  4. Absolutely agree! The alternative would really be imperfect!
    Pain, pain, go away. Don’t come back another day!

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.