mandag den 11. april 2022

Poetry Monday :: Pets & A- Z Challenge Letter I

If you want to read some better  poetry,  Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge - and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings - who also supplies us with topics - are writing wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read.

  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month - may  we hope for more!

  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.

  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is slowly returning to blogging after her husband's passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way, now her mum needs a serious prayer too. But still we dare hope that she will join Poetry Monday again.

Today's topic is: Pets

First of all thanks for all your well-wishes last Monday. The neck is still hurting me, in spite of wishes and even a rhyme. I hope it will soon listen! The pain stems from an old accident involving me, a mini-trampoline and a stack of mattresses. Instead of turning a somersault and landing on my legs, as I had done hundreds of times before, I landed bang on my head. As a result one of the small bones in the neck is out of bias, and hurts me now and then. PE and a chiropractor helps, but right now it's just bad. Pain, tinnitus, dizzy spells ...  Urgh. End of misery and complains. Sorry.


A poem ... Pets and even A-Z Challenge commanding I as a letter. There's not many pets with I. And even not that many animals: Ibis, Iguana, Impala, Isopod, Inchworm ...  Inchworm! Gilvi, Susan's favourite teacher at the Unicorn Farm, had an Inchworm. Maybe it was not directly a pet, more like a magical tape measure, but it's the closest I come. I re-made the Inchworm poem. I'm sure you know it.

Inchworm, inchworm,
Measuring our magic wands
Come and tell me
Just how big they are.

But I'm equally sure Gilvi did not say his incantation in English when calling Lirfan, his inchworm. This chapter is not online, but  a part of my book editing process. You have met Lirfan shortly in an installment of the Broom Racing chapter, where it helps controlling the wands.
I'll give it a go in Icelandic, my magic language: 


Lirfan, Lirfan,
mæli töfrasprota okkur.
Komdu og segðu mér
hversu stór þau eru.

If anybody know Icelandic better than me (not hard, as I know hardly any) and read this and find errors (sure to be there). Do please tell me!

8 kommentarer:

  1. With a theme of Pets and the letter "I" to work with, you had a major challenge. I'm not sure how I would have managed.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Pets with I are scarse, I could of course have named one of my pets Indira (or another name in I) but that would be cheating ;)
      Your poem is not half bad either.

      Slet
  2. You more than met the challenge(s).
    I am sorry that your neck is still giving you grief and hope that it subsides.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you - actually yesterday's visit to the chiropractor made the neck better for the first time in weeks. I almost darre not visit there again :)

      Slet
  3. You did wonderfully well with this, and i am praying your soreness resolves itself soon.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, The chiropracor and your prayesrs worked wnders. And it's so much better today.

      Slet
  4. If there are errors I wouldn't know, all I know is English.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hehe, yes I need an Icelandic reader. I'm sure I made errors, I just can't see them - else I would not have made them ;)

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.