mandag den 21. december 2020

Poetry Monday :: Winter Solstíce

   Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings and Diane of On the Border are taking turns supplying us with a topic for this weekly endeavour, sometimes SpikesBestMate is helping too. They also both write wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious or  honestly well written verse. Go and read.
  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey is taking a break due to her husband's health issue. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers their way as her latest update
unfortunately does not bring good news.
 
  I have something more to ask of you: If you read this and the poetry of others, would you please leave a comment. Half - if not more - the fun of these challenges is receiving the responses of others
.

-- ☃ --

For længe siden  citerede og oversatte jeg forårsverset fra et digt om de fire årstider. Nu er det vist tid for vinter-verset.
-- ☃ --

  Long ago I wrote a poem about the Danish seasons. I told about it here, and cited and translated the first verse. The Spring one. Now it's time for the fourth one, the Winter one:


Dagen er dunkel, nætterne lange.
Hemmeligheder, hjerternes tid.
Kager i ovnen, unger der plager.
Kom ud i parken, sneen er hvid!

All days are gloomy, all nights are long now
It's time for secrets, candles shine bright
Cookies are baking, children are playing
Get out of doors now, the snow is white.

-- ☃ --

Verset er en del af en tekst, Uglemor skrev til en konkurrence med temaet tema "Årets gang i Danmark" (Spil dansk dagen 2008). Men da der ikke er nogen politisk korrekte statements i versene, havde sangen ikke en chance.
-- ☃ --

The verse is one of four describing the Danish seasons, I wrote for a competition years ago. But as the verses describe the Danish seasons only (the theme) and do not mention any politically correct matters, it was not even among the runners up.

-- ☃ --

Kilde - Source

I think this is not in need of an explanation - we need more light NOW please.


Næste uges tema - The theme for next Monday: RESOLVES

10 kommentarer:

  1. Pffft to the necessity to include politically correct themes in everything.
    Any spice tastes better used with care.
    I like your poem and can see and smell the scene you set.
    It is our Summer Solstice here today. We will have horrid hot weather for months to come but it is a beacon I mark with pleasure.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Oh yes of course it is Smmer Solstice at your place. Thank you for the reminder. Wiht a daylenght of not even 7 hours today I can only find envy for hot in my soul.

      Slet
  2. How beautifully you have captured both the time and the season!
    Pah. Political correctness. Did I ever tell you my husband lost out on an important promotion because he REFUSED to swear? They told him (This man who had directed the building of...buildings) that he couldn't possibly retain control of a department unless he would--as was the 'accepted norm'--swear. I am still gob-smacked. It was about that time we and 'political correctness' took leave of each other.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. What a story. I hope your husband valued his personal integritu over promotions and PC! I'm surprised this could happen.

      Slet
  3. Some lovely winter images there, Charlotte, and in just four lines! I regret there is no poem from me this week as, with our new strain of Covid and the problems that has brought us all for the Christmas holidays, I have had to devote my time elsewhere this week. However, I've just tuned in to wish you and your family a really happy and peaceful Christmas - and may 2021 be a much better year for everyone!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. I wish you and your family the very same and a prosperous new 2021!

      Slet
  4. ... candles that shine bright ... and snow white ... speak most to me. I miss bright daylight bitterly. We're in a spell of foggy days, a little rain once in a while, besides the shortest days ... oh, come, longer days and "mehr Licht"!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. So do I ... It seems your weather is the same as mine. B>leak, drizzly and dreary. "Mehr Licht" is a perpetual saying of mine this time of year as well.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.