mandag den 18. maj 2020

Poetry Monday :: Home

  Diane of On the Border and Jenny of Procrastinating Donkey are taking turns hosting Poetry Monday, supplying us with a theme and crafty poems. Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings also writes a poem for us to enjoy.
   This Monday's rhyme is totally hopeless. Hubby and I call this kind of rhymes  "Folk Song Army rhymes". Of course named for Folk Song Army by Tom Lehrer.

My home is where I hang my hat
A wise man told us once.
I think this falls a little flat
At least I'd like some buns ...
Some children, flowers, hubby too;
A tree or four,
An open door,
A place to put our shoe.

However this is not enough
To really make a home
I'd like some place to put my stuff
An ugly garden gnome!
And bits and pieces just for fun
Some old, some new
A loom or two
And place for hubby's ton.

Our home is stuffed up to the roof
With things for work and leisure
With drawing tools and wool for woof
With cakes and games for pleasure.
I miss just one essential thing:
I have no hat,
And maybe that
Is why my home is where my heart is.

4 kommentarer:

  1. Smiling.
    The stuffed up to the roof resonates with me too.

    SvarSlet
  2. We're stuffed up to the roof, too :)

    And a great deal of that stuff is why my heart is here :D The person who said stuff isn't important wasn't a stuff-lover!

    SvarSlet
  3. You got to the most important part, where your heart is!

    SvarSlet
  4. I can really relate to this poem. I'm not a big hoarder, but I do like certain things that make a house feel like a home. For me, it is bowls - ceramic, wood, beautiful, useful - certain ones just call to me and give me such pleasure in using them.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.