onsdag den 15. juli 2020

Words for Wednesday 15 July

  In July Cindi is providing the prompts, but has asked that they appear on Elephant's Child's blog. 
 This week's prompt is: The year is 2030. The first astronauts have landed on Mars. They find a cave with a single human skeleton in it and fifteen words written on the wall. What are those words? Have fun. 

  This was hard, not very fun, but I found a story. Not a bit of magic here, though. 

After a long day's work deciphering the ancient writing, the scientist finally found out what the old space man had written on the cave wall: "One does not simply escape to Mars. They will always find you in the end."

6 kommentarer:

  1. I love what you did with this challenging prompt. A minor typo 'spimly' is I assume simply. I do wonder who or what found him. A sad and effective use of the prompt.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. I don't know what got him, sorry.

      Slet
  2. Escape of some kinds is impossible.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes and with this kind of prompts - for me at least - a sad ending is the only possible way out.

      Slet
  3. For some reason, I am amused by this and also seriously thinking how hard it is to avoid people you don't like.

    Have a lovely day.

    SvarSlet
  4. Good use of prompt Charlotte. I threw mine on EC's blog.

    XO
    WWW

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.