mandag den 27. juli 2020

Poetry Monday :: Leaves


  Leaves - the theme for this Poetry Monday from Diane of On the Border where she and  Jenny of Procrastinating Donkey are taking turns supplying us with a theme and crafty poems - reminded me of an old joke.
  Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings also writes a poem for us to enjoy.


  And here's another crazy haiku to go with the photo and the joke.

Yet another photo from the visit to the Zoo.

Punctuation can
pose great danger to our health.
Don't be ignorant!



  A panda walks into a café. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and fires two shots in the air.
    "Why?" asks the confused waiter, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.
    "I'm a panda," he says at the door. "Look it up."
    The waiter turns to the relevant entry in the manual and, sure enough, finds an explanation.
    "Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves."


The clue for next Monday is: Masks 

5 kommentarer:

  1. Hahaha! I love that joke, and your poem and picture!

    I had the same joke running through my head, as you will see, Charlotte :D

    SvarSlet
  2. I love both yours and jenny_o's take on this prompt. The eats, shoots and leaves often has an R rated connotation over here.

    SvarSlet
  3. Hahaha! This one made my morning!

    SvarSlet
  4. Excellent haiku. And I've always loved this example of poor punctuation but you really brought it to life.

    XO
    WWW

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.