tirsdag den 7. januar 2020

Back to the Classisc - My tentative list -- January


  As always my trusty D12 with one face for each month of the year, will play a prominent role.
  I'll let it roll it on the first (or close to) of every month, letting it decide which book to bring with me on train rides and elsewhere in the month to come.
  January's roll gave me a 7: Classic with a Person's Name in the Title. I'll choose The Dragon and the George from my Christmas gift of old, second hand Science Fiction and Fantasy books.

 The categories and my ideas 
          - to be extended, supplemented, updated and re-posted from time to time:
  1. 19th Century Classic.  Through the Looking Glass A long time want to read
  2. 20th Century Classic. Glasperlenspiel (Glass Bead Game).
  3. Classic by a Woman Author. Pilgrimage: The Book of The People
  4. Classic in Translation. Almost any books I read in Danish or German ;)
  5. Classic by a Person of Color. Katitzi og Swing (Name in English?) by Katitzi Taikon - I hope a Roma count as non-white (they are, according to me) and I have long had this childrens' auto-fiction on my to read-list..
  6. A Genre Classic. Time to peruse my Christmas gift.
  7. Classic with a Person's Name in the Title. Pippi Longstocking, Moreta, The Dragon and the George, Screwtape Letters, Surprised by Joy ... Too many ideas, I hope this category will be repeated for years to come,
  8.  Classic with a Place in the Title. The Clocks of Iraz
  9. Classic with Nature in the Title. The Wind in the Willows, also a long time want to read.
  10. Classic About a Family. Brideshead Revisited? Nope it sure belongs to 12. Off to the library and second hand stores, when I get a 10.
  11. Abandoned Classic. Dr. Zivago, or maybe Marts 1970 - I tried both too many times. 
  12. Classic Adaptation. Brideshead Revisited fits here for sure, but on a second thought so does Dr. Zivago. I loved the film, when I saw it. I dreamed of living in Russia, even going to the extreme of teaching myself Cyrillic letters and handwriting - I can't read my diary from way back then any more ;)  
 So many books ... so little time

3 kommentarer:

  1. Svar
    1. Tkhank you, so far almost 50 pages in, The Dragon and the George is as good as I hoped it would be.

      Slet
  2. What a fun challenge. Working so many hours what i miss most is the time i used to be able to spend reading.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.