mandag den 7. november 2022

Poetry Monday :: Oatmeal

It's Poetry Monday.  Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge - has given us a topic; and the topic is Oatmeal. I do not eat oatmeal raw, I like it with milk, sugar and raisins, but I can't eat lactose, and lactose free milk just tastes odd. But oatmeal is a kitchen staple in the Owlery because:

Oatmeal is the very best,
when mixed with eggs and lemon zest
some sugar, flour and spices too,
Then one banana, maybe two.
Into the oven in a mould
for half an hour ... oh we lust.
we cannot wait till it turns cold
but eat it to the very crust.

Yes we love banana cake with lots of oatmeal in it.


 - - - - -

Next Mondays topic: Pickles.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Excellent! We do banana bread with wheat flour, but a banana cake with oatmeal sounds delightful.

    SvarSlet
  2. I have never made banana cake with oatmeal, it sounds delicious. I usually make banana "bread" with yoghurt and the mashed bananas of course.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.