mandag den 14. november 2022

Poetry Monday :: Pickles

Today it's Poetry Monday once again. The theme: Pickles!

- :: -- :: -- :: --

 Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge - and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings - who supplies us with many of the topics - are also writing wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read them!
  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.
  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who earlier was a faithful participant, had slowly been returning to blogging after her husband's passing from this world and her mum's faltering health. Now it's a while since we heard from her, so send a prayer, some good vibes or kind thoughts her way, please!

- :: -- :: -- :: -

Pickles. I have for long has these lines from a book in my head: "I got myself in and I'll get myself out." I do not think I did justice to my idea ... but then again aren't plans always bigger, better, more ...
So I present:


The troublemaker's anthem.
I get in a pickle as often as not
I get into trouble, yes that is my lot.
I don't want to do it
I want to be good,
To help just a bit
To lighten the mood.
That they'll find me out, I know without doubt
But I got myself in and I'll get myself out.

When things they go wonky they just call my name
"Don't try to explain now, excuses are lame"
I did a good deed,
At least as I think
Where I saw the need,
But they say I stink
That they'll just blame me, I know without doubt
But I got myself in and I'll get myself out.

I got in a jam now so many a time
The mess and the trouble, the hot spot is mine.
And when I defend
my righteous deed,
they say I should mend
my ways and my feet.
That they'll find my faults I know without doubt
But I got myself in and I'll get myself out.

 - - - - - -

Next Monday: Giving Thanks!

5 kommentarer:

  1. Smiling. And the final lines to each verse are an anthem to live by...

    SvarSlet
  2. I love this poem. I like pickles too.

    SvarSlet
  3. MotherOwl answering in this not so nice form because of the Pop-up-comment form.

    @ EC Thank you, that's the lines, that made me write this poem!
    And I'm happy this pop-up-messynes allows you to comment.

    @ Messymimi. Thanks - and I just freed this comment from spam-limbo.

    @River. Tkanks to you as well - I don't like pickles, not any kind of ;)
    Another strange thing. I never, ever get an email notofocatione that you commented. But your comments still make me happy.

    SvarSlet
  4. PERFECT!!! You definitely got yourself in! ;)

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.