onsdag den 9. november 2022

Catching up

Words for Wednesday are found on Messymimis Meanderings every Wednesday in November. Today we were given:
bear - debt  - gap  - witness - describe  - reaction
     and / or one of these archaic/semi-archaic words
anon (at once)  - forsooth (in truth; indeed) - wood mad (insane; wild)

- - 💨 - -

Also today is the first day with the prompts Lesson, Know where I have been for Zip through Autumn*)
Very fitting, as I have been taught many lessons last weekend, and of course I know where I've been.

- - 💨 - -

Bear with me for a long post. We met in a big room Friday morning. Then we hung stuff, draped stuff, climbed ladders, carried, pulled, wrote, talked, drank tea, asked for and gave help, Anon the doors to the exhibition were opened - we had to leave one of them open, as it locked itself when it was closed, leaving an unwanted gap in the stream of visitors.
And we witnessed the kindness of our local politician who gave the opening speech.


- - 💨 - -

The next two days we were busy describing, explaining and showing off weaving, paper folding, spinning, woodturning, knitting, felting, plant dyeing bobbin lace ... to curious visitors and to guild members. I was taught how to do reverse crochet.

- - 💨 - -

Now I'm at home again and the reaction is setting in, I'm feeling a bit woozy, starting to do many things, but not being done with any of them. I'll land again, and return to Susan's story, to visiting blogs and commenting; but it might take a couple of days yet.

- - 💨 - -

*)
Zip through Autumn:
Here's a list of dates and prompts. So if you care to join, get on board.

Sept 21- 27 ~  Zero excuses, Yearn to
Sept 28- Oct 4 ~ Xenodochy in blogging, Why blog
Oct 5- Oct 11 ~  Variety, Unique to my blog
Oct 12- Oct 18 ~ Ten-year plan, SMART goals

Oct 19- Oct 25 ~ Recommend, Questions for visitors
Oct 26- Nov 1 ~ Priorities, Open
Nov 2- Nov 7 ~ Never blog this, Motivating
Nov 9- Nov 15 ~ Lesson, Know where I've been
Nov 16- Nov 22 ~ Joy and Job in blogging, Ideas
Nov 23- Nov 29 ~ Happy Habits, Goal of your blog for remaining 2022
Nov 30- Dec 6 ~ Fortitude, Easy tips
Dec 7- Dec  13~ Dare, Chance
Dec 14- Dec 20 ~ Balance, Achievements in 2022

2 kommentarer:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful time!

    SvarSlet
  2. It sounds like a good time was had, you learned something and maybe others did too. I barely noticed the Words for Wednesday in there.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.