torsdag den 14. juli 2022

Words for Wednesday -- July 13 -- Shortie -- Updated

 I already posted this on Elephant's  Child's blog, where the prompts - given by Hilary Melton-Butcher - will be posted every Wednesday in July.

 Synthetic
Aquamarine
Clock
Ring
Curious
Structure
     And/or
Nuance
Blessed
Abalone
Blanket
Puff-pastry
Sea Silk

Some of the prticipants in WfW has taken upon them to write Shorties. Using all the given words with as few added words as possible to tell a story. This inspired me this time around. It's not as well done as many of those on ECs blog. But as usual I also used the words in the order they were given.

"We make synthetic aquamarines almost around the clock, and yet  this ring has a curious structure. How come?" the boss asked Elena in a voice the nuance of which let not a bit of her temper hidden.
"We  were blessed with some abalone shells, the real McCoy," Helena answered frankly. She wrapped the blanket even closer around her slender frame, eating yet another or the delicious puff-pastries. She was looking forward to telling her chef about the sea silk.

8 kommentarer:

  1. I saw it on my blog and applauded. The very, very short stories add an additional challenge. As does your habit of using the words in order.
    A question though? I don't understand the last sentence. Which may well be my early morning mind at fault.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Migth be my plot twist gone awry. Now it's late in the evening here. I'll look at it tomorrow - after tea ;)

      Slet
    2. It'sa Danism (or whatever the correct word is) I rewrote the sentence, and hope it's understandable now.

      Slet
    3. Thank you. I struggled and now it is much clearer.

      Slet
    4. Mostly a direct translation os OK - this was one of the cases where it's not so... I'll comment on your blog with the rewrite of that last sentence :)

      Slet
  2. I like it. I have trouble with shorties, my stories tend to ramble on and on.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Like me ;) It's fun trying something else for a change.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.