torsdag den 14. juli 2022

Wordle Free Form Poems -- Wordlit -- Updated!

As usual I have the idea from somewhere else. Anne E.G. Nydam of Black and White has, like me and many, many other, played Wordle for some time. Now she got the idea of making the Wordle into a free-form poem, or maybe a short-short story. You can go to her blog and be inspired too. I did, and then made this mock-up.

How to play - it's  something like MasterMind, only with words. I can't explain it better than Worlde does:
And one rule, they do not tell here: A letter CAN be used more than once!


And this one is cheating - made in a DTP program:

  If you knew the Wordle solution beforehand, you could make those poems for real, but this would of course defeat the purpose of Wordle. 
  Anne E.G. Nydam calls these shorties Wordlits - a portmanteaux of Wordle and literature.

  And I found a new way of doing exactly this. Open Wordle in another browser.
  I could not make a poem, Shortie or Wordlit out of today's solution, so I made a riddle.

Guess a song:
My solution will be in the comments tomorrow as I post this one minute to midnight, which is also one minute before the new Wordle will go live according to the countdown on the page.


You can also click "Share" once you've solved today's Wordle and get a pattern with the letters removed to share on social media. My Wordle today looks like this:

It is Wordle number 391 ever and I solved it in 5 out of 6 tries. The two yellow and the one green square shows the letters I've found. 3 different, yet the solution was 98% guesswork 1% luck and 1% inspiration. I don't know if today's solution will lend itself to a Wordlit.

10 kommentarer:

  1. Svar
    1. I'm really just aping Anne E.G. Nydam as I say. She's the one to be awed at (over?).
      And no guess for the song?

      Slet
  2. Colour me confused - but then I don't play Wordle. Do the different colours mean anything?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes they do - I copy/pasted in Wordle's own explanation. Hope this helps.

      Slet
  3. Svar
    1. That's OK with me ;) Do you have a guess on what song I thought of with the last one?

      Slet
  4. OK. Solution to the riddle: "I got Life" from "Hair"

    SvarSlet
  5. Now i understand the form, and i will go have a listen to the song.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. :D ... and you'll find all my words in that order in the text. "Liver" was the solution to Wordle 14 July, and this song was the absolutely only thing "Liver" made me think of.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.