mandag den 11. juli 2022

Poetry Monday :: Loneliness

Today is Poetry Monday.  Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge - and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings - who supplies us with many of the topics - are also writing wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read them!
  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.
  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is slowly returning to blogging after her husband's passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way, now that her mum's health is in need of a prayer too. But still we dare hope that she will join Poetry Monday again.

  Today is Monday. The weather here was fine, not too windy, not to cold, so I have been weeding in the garden all day. We have lots and lots of weeds, bindweed, stinging nettles, thistles, ground elder - pretty flowers, but too good at growing - and many many more. The chicken are happily munching, and
I am scratched, burnt, stung, torn, sweaty, hungry and dirty. Most of this will pass fast enough with dinner and a soak, the stinging sensations in my fingers will persist for some days ... we had MANY Nettles!
  I'm not really in the mood for poeming, and today's  topic: loneliness is sometimes a coveted state for me .. mom of 6, happily married, living in a small town and so on. I think I'll just repeat my poem from last year.
  I'll be back reading your poems after making     jams and jellies from  all the picked berries. It might not happen today.


When you're lonely you can go to the loo.
No discussions of texture and hue
of your favourite chair

When you're lonely you don't have to look
for your glasses, your pen and your book
they're right there.

When you're lonely, you decide what to cook,
Where to sit, where to go, where to look.
How to share.

When you're lonely in short, you're the boss.
You decide on which rivers to cross
to get where.

 - - - - -

Next Monday: Ice Cream

4 kommentarer:

  1. You have been super busy - and productive. Yay you.
    I love your poem and am MUCH more likely to be lonely in a crowd than when I am on my own. I need alone time.

    SvarSlet
  2. It is true, sometimes being alone, and even lonely, for a short time is an advantage.

    SvarSlet
  3. I'm alone but never lonely, so I have never thought of loneliness that way.

    SvarSlet
  4. Brilliant! Being alone doesn't have to mean lonely! It can definitely mean you're in charge! ;)

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.