mandag den 6. juni 2022

Poetry Monday :: Yo-Yo

  Today is Whit Monday. In Denmark this means a day off, where we're not going anywhere, so just enjoying. Shops are generally closed, we have to bake a cake later today - I think we'll end up with rhubarb tart, or maybe rhubarb muffins.
  Today is also Poetry Monday.  Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge - and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings - who supplies us with many of the topics - are also writing wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read them!
  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.
  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is slowly returning to blogging after her husband's passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way, now that her mum's health, and eyes are in need of a prayer too. But still we dare hope that she will join Poetry Monday again.

For today's topic, Yo-Yo, a not very rhyming painful poem on my shortcomings:


The yo-yo is a children's game
But if I try I'm put to shame.
I cannot go around the world,
I cannot walk my dog.
The string just twists
The body hits
Me on my arms and wrists.

 - - - - -

Next week we can hope for more painfree poems on Roller Coasters.

8 kommentarer:

  1. Enjoy your Whit Monday. And the rhubarb delicacies.
    I smiled at your poem which is very true of me. I am sadly unco-ordinated and can only watch and admire other's prowess.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm normally not tat clumsy, I can do lots of strange things and even juggle I have klearnt, but yo-yos are forever beyound me.
      Wh had rhubarb pie and it was delicious.
      Thanks!

      Slet
  2. I remember those days, as kids, getting hit in the arm, but still keeping at it, trying to master those tricks.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. And even worse were those two balls on a string going klack-clack!

      Slet
  3. Hahahaha! EXACTLY! Truth to tell, I need shin and wrist guards if I'm ever to try it! And a helmet wouldn't go amiss...

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Those you use for bow and arrow shooting are good ;)
      Thanks for visiting.

      Slet
  4. You have captured what happens to me with those supposedly easy-to-use toys also. As i always tell people, i cannot yo-yo, i can only yo.

    SvarSlet
  5. I still have the yo-yo I bought many years ago and can do "around the world" but nothing else. My brother learned a lot of the tricks, but I don't know if he can still do them.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.