onsdag den 22. juni 2022

Words for Wednesday -- The Words -- June 22

This meme was started by Delores a long time ago.  Troubles led her to bow out, but the meme was too much fun to let go, and now Words for Wednesday is provided by a number of people and has become a movable feast. With Elephant's Child as our coordinator.

  Essentially the aim of this meme is to encourage us to write.  Each week we are given some prompts. These prompts can be words, phrases, music or images.
  What we do with those prompts is up to us:  a short story, prose, a song, a poem, or treating them with ignore...
  We can use some or all of the prompts, and mixing and matching is encouraged.

  Some of us put our creation in comments on the post, and others post on their own blog. This fun meme includes cheering on the other participants.
  And the more the merrier goes here as well, so if you are posting on your own blog then please tell us in the comments, so that all other participants, can come along and applaud.


Dozen
Tiger
Redundancy
Mile
Confuse
Equinox


Mountain
Treaty
Suspicion
Strategic
Investigation
Light

12 kommentarer:

  1. 'Oh wise owl I walked miles over the forest to find you. I have an urgent question for you: one that requires a speedy answer. The tiger has offered the sambuk a treaty, saying that for just one day, at the summer equinox, the deer and their relatives would have the freedom of the mountain. He has promised us that he will not hunt us on that one day – which is tomorrow.
    I have more than a dozen suspicions, but they come down to one thing. Can he be trusted or is this a strategic move to entice his favourite prey into his territory? I am so confused. I think that his motives bear investigation.
    Can you please help us?'

    I left out redundancy - but preparation and wisdom are NEVER redundant
    The owl thought. His answer was short, but shone a bright light on the whole issue.
    He said 'the tiger said that he would not hunt you tomorrow, but did he make the same promise on behalf of all of his family?'

    SvarSlet
  2. Confused by a dozen mountain-tigers within a mile he pondered if a strategic investigation of light's redundancy could lead his suspicion ad absurdum and thus end in an equinox-treaty.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I would LOVE to see a dozen mountain tigers. Tigers are right up there on my favourite animals list.

      Slet
    2. A treaty sounds like a promising thing.

      Slet
  3. It's an interesting list of words, but I think I'm going to have to really work this week, to get a story.

    SvarSlet
  4. My story is posted on my blog now. Interesting prompts and Sean, MessyMimi and Elephant's Child handled them very well.

    SvarSlet
  5. Writing challenges are fun, and a great way to push ourselves to think outside the box. I run a bunch of challenges,and have for a really long time.

    SvarSlet
  6. I'm late but I thank you for the prompts.

    Here's the link: Fiction: St. Felicity's Newest Arrival 4

    Have a lovely day.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.