tirsdag den 28. juni 2022

Using the Words - June 22

At midnight my last batch of Words for Wednesday will be auto-posted here.

Before this happens, I need to use last Wednesday's Words. They were posted here.

Dozen, Tiger, Redundancy, Mile, Confuse, Equinox
   and or
Mountain, Treaty, Suspicion, Strategic, Investigation, Light

I am continuing the story of the mysterious examination in transformation. I used the words in the order they were given.  I'm not satisfied with the story or my writing skills. But I want to tell this story! I hope to continue soon.

An arrow came through the window.
"Air!" Kirstin cried and plucked the arrow from the door frame. Around the shaft a blue slip of paper was tied Kirstin untied the knot and handed it to Susan, who looked at it and said: "Jon's scribblings once again."

"Please read!" Hilde commanded and Susan obliged: "I have a dozen questions for you!" she read on, unconsciously aping Jon's diction. "Some of them are irrelevant, some of them stupid and some are the right ones. Which is what? You have to find out.
1. Are there any tigers in Australia?
2. Are marsupials and mammals a sign of creativity or redundancy?
3. How long is a mile?
4. Can you confuse Ayer's Rock with a giant Opal?
5. When is Summer equinox in Australia?
6. The highest mountain of Australia is Mount Kosciuszko - true or false?
7. It is in the Snowy Mountains. Do you know this mountain range from somewhere else?
8. Is a treaty valid without a royal signature?" Susan quickly placed the paper in the middle of the tables, this time it just evaporated.

"I have a suspicion that the one with the treaty is a trick question," Hilde said. 

"This needs some strategic investigation," Knud said and Susan nodded agreement: "We have to go to the library to shed some light over these questions."

3 kommentarer:

  1. I am very, very glad that you used these prompts. I have been waiting (and not very patiently). Consider me simultaneously applauding and hanging my head in shame at my greed.
    I am looking forward to your next set of words too. It is currently around 6.30 on Wednesday morning.

    SvarSlet
  2. Interesting, some of these have a more complex answer than appears on the surface. Your writing always makes me want more.

    SvarSlet
  3. I cannot answer a single question on that list. I guess I need to get more education.

    Have a lovely day.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.