mandag den 20. juni 2022

Poetry Monday :: No Poetry Edition.

Once again I will have to pass on today's Poetry Monday - with the theme of World Refugee Day - because as I have written before the differential treatment of Refugees in Denmark makes me ready to explode. And this is no good for poetry writing. I'll repeat my 'drawing' from April 1st.



The speech bubbles say: I'm a refugee. ...  I'm a refugee too.

And they probably dream of what every refugee ever dreamt of: Peace and a chance to rebuild their country.

 - - - - -

But because it's Poetry Monday  Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge - and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings - who supplies us with many of the topics - are also writing wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read them!
  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.
  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is slowly returning to blogging after her husband's passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way, now her mum needs a serious prayer too. But still we dare hope that she will join Poetry Monday again.

 - - - - -

Next Mondays topic is the less controversial Happy Birthday Song. I hope to join then.

6 kommentarer:

  1. I wonder how many of the world's people are refugees now. There have been so many small wars since the big one. It's just never ending :(

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Not knowing the answer, the only one I have is: Too many.

      Slet
  2. I am with you about the different treatment of refugees, based on where they come from and here on how they arrive. It does my head and heart in.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Sadly it's happening all over it seems.


      And this comment is now set free from the spam filtre!

      Slet
  3. It's a crisis, and i'm afraid it's not getting any better.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.