mandag den 1. april 2024

Ⓐ - Ⓩ ~ Aamu

This is a series of studies for my long-time-in-the-writings book about the magic in the Nordic countries.
  We are in the 70es on Unicorn Island, an island off the coast of southern Zealand. A handful of teachers have gathered the broken threads of magic once again, trying to revive the magic in Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, the Faroes and partially Greenland.
  Our main protagonist is Susan (me) from Elsinore and her three co-apprentices and friends Heidi, Tage and Lis living at Unicorn Island.
  I grasped the chance to write a little bit about some of the lesser known apprentices in this A-Z challenge.


 Ⓐ - Ⓩ
 
A is for Aamu Raita from Finland

Aamu lives with her parents, Matti and Elena Raita - the last name means Willow - in the northern outskirts of Turku. She comes from a family of magicians, but she has no siblings and only a single maternal cousin.
Aamu is the next youngest of all the apprentices, just 3 months past her 11th birthday when we meet her at The Farm.  She is also one of the only three apprentices studying Portals major and Discernment magic.

Aamu has blonde, almost white hair, long and drifty, with green eyes, she is supple and willowy. Aamu is quiet, one of the smart ones who listens more than she speaks. As she was taught with the purple team, she was Lis' friend more than Susan's in the beginning. But after the broom race, she and Susan studied wandsinging together, and they grew closer. They never became best friends, like Heidi and Susan, but Susan got to know her quite well, and described her as a fabulous friend in need.
Aamu's wand is made of willow, emitting green sparks.

We met her first, after passing mentionings, in the Tongue Twister Tuesday where she defeats Susan and Lis to the surprise of everybody including herself.

 Ⓐ - Ⓩ

Tomorrow B for Bjørn Anderson

6 kommentarer:

  1. I like her name - Aamu - it sounds like someone with patience, just the right name for her.

    Good luck with the challenge.

    Have a lovely day.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aamu, I think it means morning, but yes it is a nice name. I'm happy you find it right, as I think over the names of my persons, maybe even too much ;)
      Good luck to you as well.

      Slet
  2. Sounds like you have put much thought into your story. Colours and names and powers. Hope you have fun bringing it all together. I kept it simple this year my stories are fictionalized stories about real children. here's my link Boys will be Boys
    Moondustwriter

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I have been writing on this story for years. I have fun writing it and I hope you enjoy reading it.
      Thanks for visiting.

      Slet
    2. ... and now this - my own - comment, was marked as spam. Stupid indeed!

      Slet
  3. Interesting. I like that I learned something new (the surname meaning Willow).

    Ronel visiting for A: My Languishing TBR: A
    Abominable Wraiths

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.