mandag den 8. april 2024

Poetry Monday :: Order

Poetry Monday is a challenge, normally hosted by Diane at On the Border. But from Monday, January 8, 2024, Messymimi and I have conspired to keep the chair warm for her, as she's taking a break due to health issues. We will each set the topics for one month, I began with January, Mimi supplied for February, and so on until Diane returns.

Today is
Order.

This did not speak to me. I am not a fan of order, neither the verbal ones, nor asking for something to be brought or served, nor the "everything on its place" version. So I was baffled, until it hit me that I could make a un-order-ly poem. Here it is.


Though order is a perfect thing,
I like the jumble chaos bring
Yes, order's not for me, I've found.
I like to have my things around.

If now and then you think like me
Then come in from wind and weather.
Come in and grab a chair that's free,
And have a mug, let's sit together.

I dare you then to look around
And name a thing that can't be found.
I love my true chaotic style,
I love it every mess and pile.

 - - - - -

Next Monday: Tape - a sticky topic.

6 kommentarer:

  1. I am smiling. And live surrounded by chaos. Chaos that I sometimes try and control.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. Chaos under control is the way I tick :)

      Slet
  2. I love this poem! Though I'm not a fan of total chaos, I do have a lot of "stuff" , so maybe my place is a little chaotic.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Less is more where chaos is concerned, or at least more is not better ;)

      Slet
  3. Wonderfully done! There's something to be said for having some things right where you know you have them, and some things simply in the junk drawer somewhere.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Junk drawer, I like that, every household needs one for thse object.
      A place for everything and everything in it's place is fine in some places - kitchen shelves for me - but chaos is better in my creative den :)

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.