mandag den 15. april 2024

Poetry Monday :: Tape

Poetry Monday is a challenge, normally hosted by Diane at On the Border. But from Monday, January 8, 2024, Messymimi and I have conspired to keep the chair warm for her, as she's taking a break due to health issues. We will each set the topics for one month, I began with January, Mimi supplied for February, and so on until Diane returns.

Today is
Tape.

As I have been busy writing A-Z posts, and furthermore now more times than I care to recall,  falsely hoped to retain a  poem in my mind, I wrote down the small idea that came to me yesterday. Nothing better came to my mind today, so I was happy to at least have something to show.


Tape can be so many things

Sticky tape to fix the shattering
while Red tape is for hampering.
Finish line tape for those that win
and Music tape for those that sing.
I use my Tape measure to see
how many miles I knit for thee.
Use duct tape for repair of all
that moves and should not - took a fall.
Police tape in the very end
is not a very pleasant thing.

- - - - -

Coming prompts:
Running, April 22
Quiet, April 29

6 kommentarer:

  1. Love your take on the very different tapes...

    SvarSlet
  2. Very nicely done! I agree about Police tape, it's something we don't want to see around here.

    SvarSlet
  3. You did very well with your poem about tape.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.