søndag den 31. marts 2024

A - Z ~ A Preamble

This is a series of studies for my long-time-in-the-writings book about the magic in the Nordic countries.

 Ⓐ - Ⓩ
 
We are in the 70es on Unicorn Island, an island off the coast of southern Zealand. A handful of teachers have gathered the broken threads of magic once again, trying to revive the magic in Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, the Faroes and partially Greenland.

Our main protagonist is Susan (me) from Elsinore and her three co-apprentices and friends Heidi, Tage and Lis living at Unicorn Island.

I give the word to Gylfi, the oldest of the teachers, for a small treatise on magic given to the apprentices on their first day at Unicorn Farm:
"You have now been split into four roughly equally large teams depending on your prime competences.
Magic comes in schools. Or better yet. Some kinds of magic comes easier to some people. At Unicorn Farm we have assigned a colour to the different schools of magic.
Blue is for potions and for all things inanimate.
Yellow is for flying and healing.
Green is for nature magic, animals, familiars and all things growing.
Purple is for transformation and divination.
Red is for portals mastery and also the red ones dabble in the finding out of good and evil.
Yes I know this makes five, I can count. But the three red ones will study alongside the purple team."

 Ⓐ - Ⓩ
 
I grasped the chance to write a little more of some of the lesser known apprentices in this A-Z challenge.

8 kommentarer:

  1. I am really, really looking forward to this. I 'think' my preferred magic would have to be yellow or green.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Flying or healing or both? Yellow would be my preferred branch, even if Susan (my alter ego) is green, and consequently so am I ;)
      Wanting to and having the abilities are not always the same.

      Slet
  2. I’m looking forward to learning more about the ‘behind the scenes’ action of life on Unicorn Island

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I look forward to writing this, and hope to be able to.

      Slet
  3. This is going to be such fun!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I hope so too - and I hope to have more time in the next weeks to do justice to some of the more interesting stories.

      Slet
  4. I would love to have green and yellow magic.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Green and yellow seems in favour here. What's wrong with potions? Is it Snape ruining its reputation ;)

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.