torsdag den 4. april 2024

Ⓐ - Ⓩ ~ David

This is a series of studies for my long-time-in-the-writings book about the magic in the Nordic countries.
  We are in the 70es on Unicorn Island, an island off the coast of southern Zealand. A handful of teachers have gathered the broken threads of magic once again, trying to revive the magic in Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, the Faroes and partially Greenland.
  Our main protagonist is Susan (me) from Elsinore and her three co-apprentices and friends Heidi, Tage and Lis living at Unicorn Island.
  I grasped the chance to write a little bit about some of the lesser known apprentices in this A-Z challenge.


 Ⓐ - Ⓩ
 
D is for David Hansen from Denmark

David is 15 when the story begins, and comes from Kalundborg in Denmark. His parents and forebears are all magicians, and good ones - at least according to David himself. He is always telling everybody how good he is at anything magic, but his notes in all subjects but Potions dare to disagree.

He is tall, with chestnut hair and blue eyes and a marked chin, he had what Susan's mother called the cowboy looks. His wand is made from dogwood, and emits light yellow sparks.

We first meet him some weeks into the first term at Unicorn Farm. He has been to Belgium with his family, and is consequently late for school. During the broom race he puts together David's team, comprised of younger siblings feeling cheated - and tries to ruin or magick the brooms from the two other teams in order to win. 

 Ⓐ - Ⓩ

Tomorrow E for Elvin & Sif

10 kommentarer:

  1. I do wonder whether David realises that he is not as good as he says - and whether that is part of the reason he is prepared to cheat.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I think that is part of it, and the others realize that he's not as good as well - even if he always have some explanation.

      Slet
  2. David seems to be like some others of handsome looks who don't want to put in the work needed to be great in what they do, so he cheats. One can hope he will gain in maturity. P.S. thanks for letting me know about the link problem - another A to Zer had alerted me several days ago and I tried to contact Jayden to get it corrected - but it was my error to begin with and I'll have to live with it. Thank you for making the effort - I appreciate it.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. You nailed it. Looks and pedigree and no work.
      Can't you just add yourself once again and then have the team delete the wrong entry?

      Slet
  3. I'll be popping back in on future posts. What piques my curiosity is exactly what does this magic do and how do they use magic in their lives? Visiting from A to Z. Honestly, I don't care whether anyone comes to my blog or not. I'm more interested in a blog that throws the conversational ball a bit which is the real magic. eh?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, as I write in the first lines, this is collateral material to an ongoing story of mine - I have been at it for around 5 years now ;)
      If you're very curious the tab Unicorn Farm will take you to a collection of al the chapters. Not as they will appear in the book, I hope to publish some day, but as they appeared on this blog.
      Conversation and immersion in a world new to us is the real magic of blogging, making blogging friends all over the globe is another.
      I might just hop over and see what you're up to :D

      Slet
  4. He sounds very insecure and seems to try to cover it up. He's not fooling anyone, which probably makes him more angry and thus more insecure. Such people make me sad.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yup, that's him. He makes me mosly sad, but aldo a bit mad. Drop those pretenses, David! Look to Hilde, and how she changed!

      Comment freed from Spam-prison!

      Slet
  5. David sounds like an overachiever but that's probably not true but he seems to like to succeed at any cost. But I don't like cheaters but he's still a teenager so perhaps he will learn to do better in future.

    Have a lovely day.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I don't like cheters either. David is a bad egg.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.