fredag den 1. oktober 2021

Words for Wednesday -- September 29 - No words

Sorry no story this Wednesday - or Friday either. I came this far:
  More than once now  I promised to continue the depressing story of Susan's decay. As it's also my story, I am free to tell it. But I'm afraid it won't be told ... Well, you might be able to guess that Susan did not keep her promises. She did not constrain herself to soft drinks and pool. Or coming home early and going to school next day ... I gave a hint in these paragraphs from Sarah and her children:

"The magic was taken from them, as from all of us." Susan paused. "Did you ever read the Harry Potter books?" Frank and Freya nodded, and Susan continued: "Well, it seems that the magical societies all over followed very much the same pattern. In Denmark - and Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland and the Faroes; we were one realm with one school - a small group of wizards had the idea that we had suffered for long enough. That it was our turn to reign. Only this reign they dreamt of was what you and I would probably call a reign of terror. We defeated them, but to do so, we had to abandon our own magic. Everybody, us apprentices, the teachers and the by then not so small group of would be-despots were poisoned and had their magic taken from them."
Knud continued: "And all the magicians surviving that day, were left with a longing, a hole inside, a missing part you might call it. Many died over the next few years, and of the surviving, a good part went to sects or turned to drinking or drugs."
"I did too," Susan said, "But then I met Knud. Of course I did not recognize him, but I fell in love with him. And love is often a cure-all.
 But I'd much rather continue with the tales of Unicorn Farm, and Birch Manor, than with the rambling ways of an anti-social, unadapted youngster.
  And now that Cindi has provided us with this wonderful photo, I'm continuing the story of the ruins of Unicorn Farm from here



"Come over here!" Tage yelled. "I found a house!"

And then I ran out of steam and energy. I know what I want to tell, I jhave the pictures and the story inside my head, but I can't write. I don't know what's wrong, I know I need a holæiday, and that I won't have one for a long time yet. Dark autumn mornings have set in - an month before time, blame France, and EU for prolonged DST. It's cold, windy, ... maybe I'm just suffering from anticipatory SAD.

4 kommentarer:

  1. I think it's okay to not have the words. They will come later. Something will inspire you sooner or later.

    Have a lovely day.

    SvarSlet
  2. I hope your muse comes back to you. And feel sure she will - in her own time.
    I do hope you can find a cure for SAD. Soon. And that your health is improving.

    SvarSlet
  3. Take a break, take naps, be kind to yourself. The words will return in time.

    SvarSlet
  4. How i wish i could give you a hug and do something to help. Be good to yourself through this time, and know you are loved and missed.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.