mandag den 11. oktober 2021

Poetry Monday :: Throw a Party

If you want to read some better  poetry,  Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge - and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings - who also supplies us with topics - are writing wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read.

  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month - may  we hope for more!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.

  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is slowly returning to blogging after her husband's passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way. And dare we hope that she will join Poetry Monday again.

-- 🎉 -- 

This Mondays topic is Throw a Party.

Hey, a party! Come let's go!
Cakes abounds and hot drinks flow.
Later we'll have dinner too
Steaks and jam, a single brew.
Then it's time for fun and play
Where the loosers have to pay.
Then we sell them back their stuff,
Easy now, don't be too rough.
We're all family and friends
Hoping this day never ends.
Alas as every good thing do
There's an end to this our party too.

- - - - -

Next Mondays topic is: Meatloaf Appreciation

12 kommentarer:

  1. That's a good poem :)
    I wonder about Meatloaf appreciation though. Is that the meatloaf you eat or the singer (band) called Meatloaf?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you!
      I wondered too and looked it up ;) Meatloaf you eat is one word, and Meat Loaf the singer is two. We'll have to write about the edible thing.

      Slet
  2. Your party sounds lovely and might even tempt my usually party averse self.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, I'm not much of a party dude either, but I must say that the last two years have left me wanting some party - at least pecasful ones :D

      Slet
  3. The poem gives me a nice taste of a pleasant family reunion.

    SvarSlet
  4. I just told Mimi that I'd love to go to one of her parties. And hearing about yours, I'd love to attend one of yours too!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you - and you're very welcome as long as you bring one of your wonderful cakes - I always get so hungry when reading your blog :D

      Slet
  5. It would be fun to get together for a party. Of course, i'd have to renew my passport...

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I think I would too, going to your party ;) I haven't looked for my passport for an long time now.

      Slet
  6. Party!!! Sadly, right now the word just gives me the shivers. Will there ever be a time when we can freely get-together to party again?!
    Great job on your poem!!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. That time will return, yes! And I am going to travel again!!!
      Thain you.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.