mandag den 4. oktober 2021

Poetry Monday :: Golf

If you want to read some better  poetry,  Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge - and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings - who also supplies us with topics - are writing wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read.

  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month - may  we hope for more!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.

  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is slowly returning to blogging after her husband's passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way. And dare we hope that she will join Poetry Monday again.

-- -- 

This Mondays topic is Golf. This time aroung it's a bit strange, more lines rhyme with no mean or measure. So sorry, it was the best I could do. Here we go:

If you like to golf; now your pardon I beg,
I tried it and found it was boring as heck,
But the golf balls were funny and lovely too
They fit in a small hand. My daughter and I
We rolled them and sent them in each other's way
Then yellow balls, white ones, the prize one, a blue
Took turns all a-rolling as all good balls do.
The fun only ended as brother grew up.
And learned how to throw them, he was a bit rough.
And golf balls are heavy and hurt quite a lot.
The hurting parts meant that this fun had to stop.
Now deep in a drawer a pyramid lays
Of golf balls in layers, and there they will stay,
The yellow ones, white ones, the blue at the top.
Until once again small hands need a good play.

- - - - -

Next Mondays topic: Throw a Party


8 kommentarer:

  1. I don't think I have ever seen a coloured golf ball.
    I am really not interested in golf. The surroundings usually take my eye much more than the game (skilled as it no doubt is).

    SvarSlet
  2. Yellow balls for beginners and for playing in snow. other colours I do not know the reason behind. I once knew a boy who found, washed and sold lost golf balls to the golfers, and that's where I have most of my knowledge. Then I played once, and our train ride to Copenhagen run along a golf course. Very pretty surroundings including a lake with swans on their nests.

    SvarSlet
  3. It's not an easy game to master, and while i really don't enjoy playing or watching that much, i do respect the amount of practice and work it takes to play well.

    Fun poem, thank you!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I never said it was easy to master, and I hugely respect anybody who's good at something; be it golf, sumo wrestling, car repair, knitting, cooking, acrobatics or whatever they do (Stealing, killing & co. are not on this list). Just do not expect me to spend loads of time doing it or even watching it, because I won't.
      Please forgive me if this sounds angry - it is NOT meant to be. It is meant to be a promotion of the freedom to do / watch / or leave it as you like.

      Slet
  4. Best use for golf balls I’ve ever heard! ;)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks, they fit perfectly in small hands and all the small indentations make them not slipping away. :D

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.