lørdag den 7. august 2021

Still alive.

Hello! No, MotherOwl has not left the blogosphere, neither has she totally succumbed to the "man-flu" attacking the Owlery.
Thank you Elephants Child for shaking me awake.
But to try to forget the effects of said flu, MotherOwl has been burying herself in another world, the World of Warcraft. This guy, her in game persona did very much want the halo you see him proudly wearing here:
I Photoshopped the screenshot to hide his name, badly done, I know.

And to do this, he had to do some quite difficult things in the game, and get his butt to level 50 (of 70) to be able to get the halo from the ones handing it out. He was only level 44 when it all began, and I'm normally a very slow player. And he had to do all this before the end of today, when the Midsummer festival ends in game. Yes, I know, as do you, that midsummer was long ago, but in 2008, when this event went live for the first time, it coincided with the Olympics. And as they cannot be moved, the Midsummer celebrations were moved to once again coincide with the Olympics.

-- 🔥 --

And now to the Words for Wednesday. By David M. Gascoigne, but posted on Elephant's Child's blog, we were given:
Plumage
Sleek
Peripatetic
Agony
Permissive
Pray
     And/or
 Duty
Colourful
Absent
Mastery
Prey
Orchid

I was once again hit by a writer's blog, but this morning, I awoke with the ghost of an idea in my brain. Writing will happen.

5 kommentarer:

  1. I am thrilled that you are ok, even more thrilled that you are back in the blogosphere and eagerly anticipating where these prompts will take you.

    SvarSlet
  2. I have never played computer games, my mind just can't think that fast. By the time I work out what I should have done the game is usually over. I gave up trying long ago.

    SvarSlet
  3. Sorry to hear you were (or still are) ill, Charlotte. It's good to have an interest that can make us forget our troubles for a little while, or at least make them more tolerable. Congratulations on the halo :)

    SvarSlet
  4. My prayers are with you, it is very hard on the Mother when the husband and children are sick, whether she succumbs to it or not.

    SvarSlet
  5. Thank you for all your well -wishes and prayers. We are now all slowly getting better - of course in time for school, which will begin tuesday for the first of the Owlets.
    But until then we'll enjoy the days. Thanks again.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.