mandag den 16. august 2021

Poetry Monday :: Tell a Joke

 If you want to read some more, and better  poetry,  Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge - and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings - who also supplies us with topics - are writing wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read.

  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month - may  we hope for more!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.

  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is slowly returning to blogging after her husband's passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way. And dare we hope that she will join Poetry Monday again.


This Mondays topic is Tell a Joke. That's a tall order, telling a joke and rhyming. But you've all got to bear with me while I fumble through this one.

By night you hear coyotes howl,
But never during days.
Why is it? Ask the wise old owl,
And hear well what it says.

By day the sun is shining bright,
The coyotes beware.
But coyotes, by weak moon light,
Don't see the cacti, dear.

That's all folks!

-- ·· -- ·· -- ·· -- ·· --

Upcoming topics:
Wind (August 23)
Monsters (August 30)
Shoes (September 6) From Mimi
Defy Superstition Day (September 13) Also from Mimi
Remembering 8-Tracks (September 20) Another Mimi

12 kommentarer:

  1. Smiling - and feeling very sorry for the poor coyotes.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, big cacti and delicate paws do not go together well. I have some Wile E. Coyote like pictures in my mind. Something with very big cacti spouting long, prickly thorns suddenly standing clost to the roads during the night.

      Slet
  2. I Love your poem, but feel sorry for the coyotes bumping into the cactus.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I imagine those big, round ones with humongous thorn, and feel a bit sorry too.

      Slet
  3. Svar
    1. Thank you, but not nice at all laughing at them poor coyotes ;)

      Slet
  4. Oh my - I don't know HOW you can write poetry in a second language, Charlotte. It blows my mind! Well done.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I love participating in Poetry Monday. I love writing poetry. I just had to learn - fast ;) Necessity is the mother of Invention----- Poetry :)
      Thank you!

      Slet
  5. Not only did i laugh, so did my Sweetie. Thank you!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Happy to hear this - laughter is good for the soul.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.