mandag den 19. april 2021

Poetry Monday :: National Garlic Day

If you want to read some more poetry,  Diane and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings  write wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read.

  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month - may  we hope for more!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments, and helps out at topic supplying.

  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is taking a break due to her husband's recent passing from this world. Let's continue to send war
m thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way.

I have something more to ask of you: If you read this and the poetry of others, would you please leave a comment. Half - if not more - the fun of these challenges is receiving the responses of others.


I can find no rhyme for Garlic
It almost rhymes with warlock.
But vampires just hate it
and shun you if you ate it.
The morale of this verse?
Garlic makes nothing worse.


And this awful photo makes a
lie of the last line of my verse.
Garlic is filled with FODMAPs
and makes my stomach hurt!




Topics coming up:

The ocean or beach (From Mimi) (April 26)
The best thing about spring (From Mimi) (May 3)
Lost Sock Memorial Day. (May 10)
The anniversary of the patent of the rubber band. (May 17)
Favourite breakfast (May 24)
Memorial Day (May 31)
Best Friends Day (from June 8) (June 7)
Monkey Around Day (June 14)
Fathers (June 21)
Bubbles (June 28)

8 kommentarer:

  1. Nice poem. I don't "do" poetry, we were supposed to learn poems in school and then discuss them and say what we thought the writer was trying to say and I never did understand them.
    I do love garlic though.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Oh I always abhorred this what did the autheor mean. It's pure BS according to me, and it varied from teacher to teacher what the poet "really meant".

      Slet
  2. Svar
    1. Thank you, master. Were I Japanese, I would adress you Sensei Diane-san!

      Slet
  3. I still don't 'get' a lot of contemporary poetry, which is why I love Poetry Mondays so much - much easier to understand and a LOT more fun! I love your rhyming of 'garlic' with 'warlock'!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. I too believe in rhymes, not too many syllables in the line and a meaning, you can understand ;) Fun is the maun goal for me as well, or enjoyment rather, as a good poem can be sad, describing something beautiful, exciting etc. Not necessarily fun, but .... I hope you understand.
      I say with Cordelia from Brideshead Revisited: "Modern art is bosh, isn't it?" Whereupon Charles answered "YES!"

      Slet
  4. Well, we can at least say that garlic makes nothing (or almost nothing) taste worse.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Almost nothing did not fit the syllables ;) Else I would have written it - have you ever tasted garlic ice cream! It's not something I'd like to repeat.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.