mandag den 5. april 2021

Ⓐ - Ⓩ D

D er for Dome og Dild
D is for Dome and Dill



En dag om året er Uglemor chef, altmuligmand og getaway driver* i firmaet Sjask og Plask - Sjusket domevask, alger, sneglespor og fugleklatter fjernes for det meste.

-- ⬠ --

One day a year MotherOwl is boss, handyman and getaway driver* in Splish'n'splash inc. - Sloppy Dome Wash. Snail trails, bird droppings and green growths at least partially removed.


Før og efter billeder  --  Before and after photos.

- - - - - - - - - -
* A reference to the SIMS I where Criminal was a career path and one of the steps was Getaway driver. You could have this phone call: "Nice one, Ace! You smashed your ride into an ice cream truck. Repairs and melted vanilla cost you §2000" (§ = Simoleons, the in-game currency.)

-- §§§ --
 
Nu ser domen fin ud indeni, vandingsanlægget er sat op i god tid, der er sået salat og radiser, men ingen dild. Det kommer helt af sig selv.
-- 🌱 --
 
Now the dome is fine. The automatic watering is installed, Salad and radishes has been sown, but no dill. It will come all by itself.
-- 🌿 --
 
Domen venter på spirer  --  The dome waiting for sprouts and seedlings.

10 kommentarer:

  1. Your dome looks much better now. I do love (most of them anyway) self seeding plants. And to have dill coming back year after year would be wonderful.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. Dill is nice. And I normally have radishes too - if I remember to not pick all the seed pods - they are tastier than the radishes ;)

      Slet
  2. You did a fabulous job, i hope you have a bumper crop of everything.

    SvarSlet
  3. Dill comes by itself? I have to plant it here if I want to smell that lovely fragrance and after years of trying, I have given up planting, seeds or seedlings, they just don't grow, or they get completely eaten by snails, earwigs and caterpillars. I wanted a garden friendly for bees and butterflies. I love your dome and hope everything in there grows really well.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Once, years ago a zillion dill grew in the dome and was forgotten. Next year more zillions of dill sprouted and overtook the dome.. Now I just laeve one or two dill to flower, and they do the job. I weed away what I do not need. I start all seedlings inside. Theý are not planted in the garden before they are too tough for the mentioned pests to bite through their 'skin'.
      THank you. My garden is always best rigth now ... in my mind ;)

      Slet
  4. That dome is awesome! Looks like a place plants would like to grow inside of. Sheltered and sunny.


    My "F" Jethro Tull song:
    http://tao-talk.com/2021/04/07/a2z-2021-jethro-tull-songs-day-6-family-back-to-the-from-stand-up-1969/

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you yes, the plants love it in there.

      Slet
  5. I don't know anything about gardening but that dome looks like a good enclosed garden. Do you remove the dome during the warmer season or is it use all year round?

    Have a lovely day.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. The dome is staying all year round. It's quite heavy. Tomatoes, cucumbers and chillis grow inside it all summer (plus some exotics). It's too cold for free range chillis and the tomatoes all get some diease from nearby potato fields if kept outside.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.