mandag den 12. april 2021

Poetry Monday :: Favourite invention & Ⓐ - Ⓩ J - Jordbær

If you want to read some more poetry,  Diane and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings  write wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read.

  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month - may  we hope for more!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments, and helps out at topic supplying.

  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is taking a break due to her husband's recent passing from this world. Let's continue to send war
m thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way.

I have something more to ask of you: If you read this and the poetry of others, would you please leave a comment. Half - if not more - the fun of these challenges is receiving the responses of others.

Today is Favourite invention for Poetry Monday. The A-Z challenge dictates a post with J.
An invention with J ??? Can't find any. Then I'll just tell of yet another crazy - and not successful - idea of mine

J for Jordbær = Strawberry

I dag for en gangs skyld er der kun billedtekster på dansk. A-Z dagens bogstav er J for Jordbær - og Poetry Mondays emnet er din yndlingsopfindelse. Der er ikke mange opfindelser med J så jeg skrev om min jordbærpyramide - en af de dårligere opfindelser. 

Jordbærpyramiden - The Strawberry Pyramid

Strawberry so sweet and red
I like you, grow in my bed.
You will be watered and fed.
Strawberry so red!

In my pyramid you grow
Strawberry, we love you so.
Pyramids are dry and dead.
Strawberry so red.

Once again you green and grow
In my garden, spreading so.
I'll give you another bed
Strawberry so red.

Next Monday's theme is: Garlic Day


Jordbærpyramiden blev bygget i maj 2016    -   Strawberry pyramid finished May 2016.

Allerede to år senere, i 2018 blev pyramiden pillet fra hinanden. De øverste jordbær tørrede ud, hvis ikke Uglemor vandede dem flere gange om dagen - ikke godt. Kun snerlerne trivedes. 
-- --
Two years later, the pyramid was dismantled. The top layers became dry if MotherOwl did nor water them every day, or even twice a day. Only the woodbines thrived.


Nu gror der havesyre og persille i den gamle jordbærpyramide, der er blevet fornyet siden. Og jordbærrene ... de behøver igen-igen et nyt hjem.
--
Now our parsley and sorrel is growing in the old, remade pyramid base. And the strawberries ... they still need a new home.

13 kommentarer:

  1. Never heard of a strawberry pyramid but it was pretty interesting looking. I'm sure you'll find a new home for your strawberries, and thanks for the reminder, I'm putting them on my shopping list!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Karen, I cannot leave a comment on your own page as I do not have access to your Comment facility (I don't use my Google account). I, too, thought about cake as my favourite invention, but my rhyming wouldn't do it justice - I bow to your superior rhyming and baking!

      Slet
  2. That pyramid structure looks like such a great space-saving idea, but yes, strawberries do need constant watering. Such a shame they are such hard work. We grew strawberries for years but eventually had to dig them up as they took up more time each year to look after. I do miss them, though - much better than shop-bought.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It was, but it needed too much watering as that summer - of course - was very dry. They do tase much better - worht the job for me, in flat beds not pyramids!

      Slet
  3. I grow mine in hanging pots - where other things which love them as much as I do (and are faster than I am) don't discover them. They are water hungry though.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. That sounds very smart, and very labour intensive.

      Slet
  4. I just wish the strawberries grew as well as the invading grass does. My old container beds (one is an old dinghy and one is an old cast iron tub) are overgrown now also and need to be refilled with good soil and new plants added.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Smart way of growing rthings, just overturn the container when weeds get too much. I like that!

      Slet
  5. p.s. My "J"ethro Tull song of the day is here:
    http://tao-talk.com/2021/04/12/a2z-2021-jethro-tull-songs-day-10-a-song-for-jeffrey-from-this-was-debut-1968/

    SvarSlet
  6. Wonderful poem, i hope you do get to grow strawberries in containers.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'll keep on growing them in beds, watering several times a day, with a watering can because hoses are forbidden when we have a dry period, is more work than I care to put into even strawberries.

      Slet
  7. I love strawberries. I eat anything in strawberry flavors. I wish I can grow them but I have no green thumb.

    Have a lovely day.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.