mandag den 1. februar 2021

Poetry Monday :: Spunky, Old and Awesome Broads

  Diane of On the Border is supplying us with topics for this weekly endeavour, sometimes with the help of others - If you have any good ideas, just say so in the comments. She and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings also write wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read.
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments, and helps out at topic supplying.
  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month - we hope for more.
  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey is taking a break due to her husband's illness and passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way.

  I have something more to ask of you: If you read this and the poetry of others, would you please leave a comment. Half - if not more - the fun of these challenges is receiving the responses of others
.

This week's topic, Spunky, old and awesome broads, put some new grey hair in my head. Broads made me think 'beans' and a Google search brought me to English rivers. But Spunky old broads are neither beans nor rivers.


We're spunky old broads and peppery geezers
Roaming the town, and doing what please us
Have all sorts of fun
In the rain or the sun
Have a snack, have a drink!
And we don't give a hoot
What the younger ones think,
It's the truth.

Lots of hair pulled - not much to show.
Next Mondays topic is
Craziest Vacation Memory.

7 kommentarer:

  1. Smiling. Can I be a spunky and peppery old broad. Please, pretty please?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Of course you can. We're in that age group where WE decide. I just had to include the menfolk in this. :)

      Slet
  2. Good poem. I was wondering if there was a male version of SOBs. I like the tag 'peppery geezers'; nice one!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. I won't claim any copyright on those peppery geezers,, feel free to use the expression :)

      Slet
  3. That was just right! You captured the idea very well.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you! I have now more new words in my vocabulary and grey hairs on my head :)

      Slet
  4. We've lived a long time to be able to do this! Yay for us!
    Wonderful poem!

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.