mandag den 15. februar 2021

Poetry Monday :: From my Pet's Point of View

  Diane of On the Border is supplying us with topics for this weekly endeavour, sometimes with the help of others - If you have any good ideas, just say so in the comments. She and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings also write wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read.
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments, and helps out at topic supplying.
  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month - we hope for more.
  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey is taking a break due to her husband's illness and passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way.

  I have something more to ask of you: If you read this and the poetry of others, would you please leave a comment. Half - if not more - the fun of these challenges is receiving the responses of others
.

  From my pet's point of view ... but I have no pet.
  And as I wrote when the theme was The Antics of Pets back in June last year, I did not have many pets and certainly not normal ones as a child. Apart from a white mouse that died after only a few days, a crazy, inbred cat which was euthanised, goldfish  who lost their tails to some mysterious disease and were flushed down the toilet, and a couple of  Guinea pigs belonging to my sister, I only kept crabs that invariably died in our play pool, spiders, ladybugs, worms, bumblebees and such like wild bug-lifey pets in an old fishtank.
  I've beem pulligg my hair and thinking all day  ... here's what came out of it:


Me:
We talk of pets, but for my part
The only pets I have and had
Are chicken in my garden
And if you think that they are smart
Intelligent - but just a tad
I really beg your pardon.
 
Chicken:
Where am I? Who did this? Can I eat that?
I'm hungry, I'm thirsty. Is that a hawk?
Oh, I've got to lay an egg. Now what?
Bawk, cluck, bagog, bawk, bawk!

Next Monday's topic: Favourite Word that Starts With D.

2 kommentarer:

  1. My partner's sister adores her chickens. She had a rooster for a while who used to sit in her lap and watch television with her in the evenings. He had to go because his morning song woke too many, and he now lives on a farm - without a lap and without television.
    I do like your poem and can just hear their song in your final stanza...

    SvarSlet
  2. You did very well, telling what your chickens may be thinking.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.