mandag den 29. april 2019

Poetry Monday :: Robin Redbreast

Delores of Mumblings and Jenny of Procrastinating Donkey are taking turns hosting Poetry Monday.
Today's theme is Robin Redbreast. (courtesy of Delores).

All the lore concerning Robin Redbreast is new to me. And I think al the A-Z or rather A-Å Challenge post writing has addled my brain. In the end an alliterative verse in the old Nordic style was all my poor brain could pull forth. 

Robin Redbreast
raises its beak
Pecking at pollinators
near the pond

Robin Redbreast
Resting in the willow
Twittering in the twilight
Flighty as time.

6 kommentarer:

  1. Your addled brain should take a bow.
    I loved this.
    The phrase flighty as time is a beauty. Time is an elastic trickster, and flighty is a wonderful summation.

    SvarSlet
  2. I agree with Elephant's Child - and you have nothing to apologize for with this poem. It creates some wonderful images.

    I hadn't heard of Nordic style - must investigate.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I was inspired by Paul Anderson (An American despite his name - I think the book is called The Broken Sword), and his old Norse science fiction.

      Slet
  3. Whatever you call the style, it's wonderful.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.