lørdag den 22. december 2018

Back to the Classics - Revised list and Wrap Up - 2018

Wrapping up the Back to the Classics 2018 Challenge. I found that I have actually read more than half the books. This will give me one entry in the prize drawing. That is if I finish in time.

The question is now, can I write a review of the missing books in time? The wrap up deadline is midnight December 31st. (PST = 9 o'clock next morning here).

UPDATE: I did it! And I've learned the lesson. In 2019 I'm going to write about the books as I read them! Promise!

Here is my revised list of books. Red means not read, green is read. Blue = in progress.

1. A 19th century classic - (published 1800 - 1899).
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen

2. A 20th century classic (1900 - 1968).
- Glasperlenspiel by Hermann Hesse.

3. A classic by a woman author.
- Den brændende busk  (The burning Bush) by Sigrid Undset, just to tease.
A well turned book by a woman author ... featuring a male hero.

4. A classic in translation.
- Ivanhoe,

5. A children's classic.
Alle vi børn i Bulderby by Astrid Lindgren.

6. A classic crime story, fiction or non-fiction.
-The Battling Prophet by Arthur Upfield

7. A classic travel or journey narrative, fiction or non-fiction.
- Daugther of the Mountains by Louise Rankin

8. A classic with a single-word title.
- Gymnadenia by Sigrid Undset.

>9. A classic with a colour in the title.
- Valley of the Green Shadows by Poul Nørgaard

10. A classic by an author that's new to you.

- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle.

11. A classic that scares you.
- Dr. Zhivago! by Boris Pasternak. Which I'm still reading - slowly because it still scares me!

12. Re-read a favourite classic
- The Lord of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.