mandag den 19. februar 2024

Poetry Monday :: Spice

Today's theme for Poetry Monday is Spice.

Poetry Monday is a challenge, normally hosted by Diane at On the Border. But from Monday,
January 8, 2024, Messymimi and I have conspired to keep the chair warm for her, as she's taking a break due to health issues. We will each set the topics for one month, I began with January, Mimi is supplying for February, and so on until Diane returns.


Left to my own devices
I fill my food with spices
Some hot, some not
Some mild, some wild
Some growing on the farm,
and some in countries warm.

For pizza slice
for dinners nice
we slice and dice
and add some spices

A spice for rice
and one for ice
to be precise
I tried it thrice

But best of all the spices
If you don't look at prices
Are those that grow
Row upon row
in two'ses and in thrices
In our paradises.

 - - - -

Next Monday: Ants

4 kommentarer:

  1. Wonderful! I would love to grow spices or herbs.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. Spices can be grown in a windowsill as well - I grow rosemary and Siberian house pepper there, and sometime exotes like lemon grass and ginger.

      Freed from spam prison

      Slet
  2. An excellent poem! I like some spice but not too hot, though I try now and again a bit more of this or that.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Just hot is kind of pointless, taste and hot on the other hand is fine.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.