tirsdag den 6. februar 2024

Poetry Monday :: Basket ~ On a Tuesday

Today's theme for Poetry Monday is Basket.

Poetry Monday is a challenge, normally hosted by Diane at On the Border. But from Monday,
January 8, 2024, Messymimi and I have conspired to keep the chair warm for her, as she's taking a break due to health issues. We will each set the topics for one month, I began with January, Mimi is suppying for February, and so on until Diane returns.

This is some kind of rhyming, not-quite-haiku string.



     My basket.
On my way to town.
Basket filled with empty bottles
Ditch deposit.

Going home again.
Basket filled with things for living
and for giving

Going to the woods.
Basket filled with bread and candy
Books all handy.

Going home again
Baskets filled with pretty toadstools
Dyers' tools.

- - - - - -

Next Monday's topic: Toes

4 kommentarer:

  1. I like this, it has a lovely rhythm. Your basket does so much.

    SvarSlet
  2. That's a nice basket poem. I used to love baskets, but never carried one, not a woven one anyway. I do have plastic laundry basket and a tiny plastic one for the pegs.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I still love baskets, and I have a wonderful, colourful one - maybe an antidote to Sunday's Graphite black.
      Laundry baskets are , I think, ubiquitous, but our pegs are in a big pouch to be carried around the neck - we have lots and lots of pegs.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.