mandag den 5. december 2022

Poetry Monday :: MITTENS

It sure is time for mittens, and I'm knitting mittens. But whenever I hear "mittens", this song goes on auto-playback in my head:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favourite things

Cream-coloured ponies and crisp apfelstrudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favourite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favourite things

When the dog bites, when the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favourite things
And then I don't feel so bad


I'm sure you all know this one. Salzburg, The Sound of Music, and Maria von Trapp means something special to MotherOwl. And I think we need some more of the uncomplicatedness and sweetness contained in these lines.

Next Monday: Poinsettia or Potted Plants

3 kommentarer:

  1. You have given me an ear worm this morning. And, for a change, one I don't resent. Have you noticed that ear worms generally are terrible songs, songs that you know but...

    SvarSlet
  2. A lovely reminder to be counting our favorite things, and our blessings.

    SvarSlet
  3. I love that song and the movie.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.