mandag den 26. december 2022

Poetry Monday :: Candy Canes

Poetry Monday is hosted by Diane, and she and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings are always posting wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read them!
  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.
  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey is on a blog break. Her inspiring poetry is sorely missed, we hope she comes back soon.


This Mondays topic is
Candy Canes.
In "big words" I wrote a contrafactum.
Enjoy or not as you find good.
Merry and blessed Christmas to each an all of my readers.



Ode to the Candy Cane
Oh Candy Cane, oh Candy Cane,
You are a thing of Christmas
And I love every inch of you
Your stripes, your curves, your colours too.
Oh Candy Cane, oh Candy Cane,
You are a thing of Christmas

Oh Candy Cane, oh Candy Cane,
Your colours are so pretty.
So green, so re, so pearly white
I love you, every lick and bite
Oh Candy Cane, oh Candy Cane,
Your colours are so pretty.

Oh Candy Cane, oh Candy Cane,
Your flavour is delicious.
Of tastiness you pack a punch
And I love you when you go "crunch".
Oh Candy Cane, oh Candy Cane,
Your flavour is delicious.

Oh Candy Cane, oh Candy Cane,
I know where you are hiding.
I pick you off the branches green
Enjoy you in the candles' sheen
Oh Candy Cane, oh Candy Cane,
I know where you are hiding.

Oh Candy Cane, oh Candy Cane,
You are a thing of Christmas
And when you're no more to be found
I know next year you'll hang around.
Oh Candy Cane, oh Candy Cane,
You are a thing of Christmas.

 - - - - -

Next Mondays topic: Treasure

3 kommentarer:

  1. I am smiling here - despite the fact that I don't like candy canes. I wonder whether ours are different. In memory they don't have much flavour...

    SvarSlet
  2. I sang it, but in my head, not out loud, don't want to scare the cat with my caterwauling.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.