fredag den 30. september 2022

Z - A :: Zip through Autumn ~ 2

Second installment of Zip through Autumn is: Xenodochy in blogging, Why blog

Xenodochy ... ? I think I have a fairly large English vocabulary, but this was a new one. Xeno- means something with strangers, but the rest ... ? The dictionary tells me: "reception of strangers; hospitality" Aha, yes this is what blogging is all about. Greeting strangers, inviting them inside your life, making them feel at home and even visiting them. This is one of the reasons my blog is bilingual. Most strangers are not good at Danish 🙂

And as to why I blog, that's an easy one. I love writing, sharing my ideas, teach something, share tips and stories, and a blog is excellently suited to this.

-- α --

Andet afsnit i Z - A-udfordringen hedder Xenodochi og blogs - hvorfor blogge?
     Xenodochi, øhh, jeg kan græsk nok til at se xeno- altså noget med fremmede, men hvad? Jeg slog op og fandt ud af at det betød gæstfrihed, det at tage imod fremmede.
     Jamen, gæstfrihed er jo det, der er formålet med en blog. Tage imod fremmede, byde dem indenfor, forsøge at få dem til at føle sig hjemme - det er blandt andet derfor min blog er tosproget, der er jo ikke så mange fremmede der er gode til dansk 🙂

Hvorfor jeg blogger? Det er meget enkelt, jeg elsker at skrive, fortælle, lære fra mig ...  og her har jeg fundet nogen, der gider høre på mig.

-- β --

The most stranger-friendly language sure must be pictograms. And IKEA of Sweden is famous, maybe even of Herostratic fame (to stay with the old Greeks) for the pictograms in their assembly instruction leaflets.

This is a long detour for me to share the photo of an idea that came to me upon seeing an IKEA tea bag among a gift of tea bag wrappers for folding.

-- ɣ --

Det mest fremmed-venlige sprog må være piktogrammer. IKEA er kendt  - ja måske endda herostratisk berømt (for nu at blive hos de gamle grækere) - for deres instruktionsfoldere og deres piktogrammer.
     OK, det var lidt af en omvej for at dele et billede jeg tog, da jeg fandt en IKEAthepose i nogle theposer, jeg fik foræret til min theposefoldning.

-- δ --

What is inside an IKEA tea bag?  -- ε --  Hvad er der inden i en IKEAthepose?
 
Here's a link and the list of dates and prompts. So if you care to join, get on board.

Sept 21- 27 ~  Zero excuses, Yearn to
Sept 28- Oct 4 ~ Xenodochy in blogging, Why blog
Oct 5- Oct 11 ~  Variety, Unique to my blog
Oct 12- Oct 18 ~ Ten-year plan, SMART goals
Oct 19- Oct 25 ~ Recommend, Questions for visitors
Oct 26- Nov 1 ~ Priorities, Open
Nov 2- Nov 7 ~ Never blog this, Motivating
Nov 9- Nov 15 ~ Lesson, Know where I've been
Nov 16- Nov 22 ~ Joy and Job in blogging, Ideas
Nov 23- Nov 29 ~ Happy Habits, Goal of your blog for remaining 2022
Nov 30- Dec 6 ~ Fortitude, Easy tips
Dec 7- Dec  13~ Dare, Chance
Dec 14- Dec 20 ~ Balance, Achievements in 2022

4 kommentarer:

  1. How I love that through the blogosphere strangers have become friends. I may never meet them in life but they are friends just the same, and many have become very dear to me.
    To my shame I do not know any languages other than my mother tongue. I am so grateful (and impressed) to those of you with more.

    SvarSlet
  2. You've said it perfectly, a blog is a wonderful way to welcome new people into your life.

    SvarSlet
  3. Xenodochy is a word new to me, I never heard it before. I like blogging because of the friends I've made, in my country and overseas. I like seeing snippets of other ways of life.

    SvarSlet
  4. You put it quite nicely - greeting strangers, yes, that's what everyone does with their blog.

    Your reasons for blogging is similar to mine but I doubt I teach anyone anything but one never knows what they find in blogs.

    I love Ikea and their instructions are quite easy to read.

    Have a lovely day.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.