mandag den 12. september 2022

Poetry Monday :: Chocolate Milk Shake

It is Poetry Monday!
 Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge - and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings - who supplies us with many of the topics - are also writing wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read them!
  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.
  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is slowly returning to blogging after her husband's passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way, now that her mum's health is in need of a prayer too. But still we dare hope that she will join Poetry Monday again.


Today we do Chokolate Milk Shakes!  Which I understand comes from a machine in cafeterias and such. The garden is keeping me busy, but I cannot
not write a poem for toady.

Chocolate milk shake?
A couple of haiku
to talk about that.

I never had them,
But steaming hot chocolate
came from our machine.

And in my hurry
I often scalded my tongue
on the concoction.

But in the winter
It was thawing my fingers,
and warming my bones.

Therefore I give thanks
to this plain drink. Forsaking
Chocolate Milk Shake.

 - - - - -

Next Monday again
We'll meet and write poetry:
Pirate Talk's the theme.

5 kommentarer:

  1. Happy gardening. It is years since I have had a chocolate milkshake, but I liked them. And hot chocolate too.

    SvarSlet
  2. Chocolate Milkshakes are delicious in the warmer weather, but we're fast approaching hot chocolate weather.

    SvarSlet
  3. Hot cocoa is just as good, i promise!

    SvarSlet
  4. Oooh! Hot chocolate! My OTHER kryptonite...

    SvarSlet
  5. I love hot chocolate and can drink it in summer too, but I usually don't.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.