mandag den 15. marts 2021

Poetry Monday :: Pi(e) Day

If you want to read some more poetry,  Diane and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings  write wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read.

  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month - may  we hope for more - and today se´he just has to participate, and write us a pi(e)!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments, and helps out at topic supplying.

  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful particimant, is taking a break due to her husband's recent passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way.

I have something more to ask of you: If you read this and the poetry of others, would you please leave a comment. Half - if not more - the fun of these challenges is receiving the responses of others.


Actually Pi (π) day was yesterday 3.14 in English notation. And I know that maths and poems do not mix well. Bear with me.


3.14 and so on,
I cannot remember,
the  row is so long.

But give me some flour
Some butter and milk
and also an hour

I'll bake you a pie
with a circumference
of  r times 2 Pi.

6 kommentarer:

  1. Smiling. I rarely eat pies, but can bake them. Maths makes my head hurt, though the rest of my family revel in it.

    SvarSlet
  2. That is a fabulous poem! I love Maths and stitched a Pi card several years ago.
    I am slightly disappointed that the date only works in the US though. In most of the world we have to wait for 22nd July which is 22/7 which is also Pi!
    Here's the post for the card: http://comehappydancewithme.blogspot.com/2011/03/14-tor-rhuann-pi-day.html

    SvarSlet
  3. Excellent - you managed a seamless Maths and Pies poem; and short and sweet, too. I'm impressed!

    SvarSlet
  4. I wished I had to eat during Pi day. But I can't bake at all.

    Good poem, it was fun to read.

    Have a lovely day.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.