mandag den 9. november 2020

Poetry Monday :: A Domestic Incident

   Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings and Diane of On the Border are taking turns supplying us with a topic for this weekly endeavour. They also both write wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious or simply honestly well written verse. Go and read.
  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey is taking a break due to her husband's health issue. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers their way.
 
  I have something to ask of you: If you read this and the poetry of others, would you please leave a comment. Half - if not more - the fun of these challenges is receiveng the responses of others.

  An elfje is all I have to offer for todays Poetry.
 
Baking.
It happens
We like it
There's never too many
Cakes.


The topic  for next Monday: (Memories of) Newspapers. Thank you, Diane.

9 kommentarer:

  1. You can't bake too much, at least when there are hungry children in the house.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Or cake-addicted adults! Mimi, I've had problems accessing your Comments facility this week, so I've posted my poem on Diane's blog. I thought yours was brilliant, and it's great to see so many different approaches to the theme.

      Slet
    2. We're all hungry and cake-addicted, adults and children alike. Mimi's chrash, boom, bang! poem is good! I'll go read SpikesBestMates.

      Slet
  2. Here there are never ENOUGH cakes. I suspect that your kitchen often smells delicious, and I love your elfie,

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. Elfjes are fun and easier to make than cakes - both happens quite often, as you guessed.

      Slet
  3. An Elf gets the job done.
    Deliciously!

    Topic for next week: Newspapers (Or memories of)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. "Efficient
      Little thing
      Does its job
      Even elegant and funny.
      Elfje."
      See! It's easy.
      Thank you for topics (updated).

      Slet
  4. Ooh, Charlotte, can I visit? I have an empty cake tin I can bring along! I love cakes and we have already started on the mince pies in our house. No point in waiting after 1st November!

    SvarSlet
  5. I'm afraid the cakes would become very dry on your way home, but if you ever are close by (Northern Zealand, Denmark). I'll promise to have a cake or three ready. Mince pies are not something eaten in Denmark, I'll have to try and make some. We ate our first Lebkuchen today (German Christmas cakes).

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.