mandag den 13. februar 2023

Poetry Monday :: Random Acts of Kindness ~ Mandagsdigt, men det er alt sammen om Irma.

Mandag ... det er mandag, og det betyder Mandagsdigt. Men jeg er stadig en gammel, gnaven ugle.
 - 💙 -
Poetry Monday - it's Poetry Monday. And I'm still a grumpy old Owl.
Selvportræt! Jeg er gnaven, fordi de kortsigtede, visionsløse, pengegriske, magtsyge idioter i Coops ledelse lukker Irma. Jeg tror virkelig ikke, de aner, hvad de har gang i. 
 - 💙 -
This is me! Grumpy because the only really good, mostly organic and not expensive supermarket in Denmark is being closed by short-sighted, visionless, un-understanding, power and money-seeking people. It's also one of the oldest and the brand is widely known - even as far away as Japan:
Sometimes money is not everything - 💙 - Penge er ikke alt


For at lette denne blog, har jeg smidt alt hvad der vedrører økologi, indkøb, intolerancer, madideologi osv. hen på en ny blog, der hedder Uglegylp. De gamle indlæg af den slags er blevet kopieret derover, rettet lidt til, og nu kun på dansk.
 - 💙 LINK 💙 -
So as not to overburden my readers I have made a new blog, Uglegylp - Owl Pellets, where I rant about shopping, intolerances, organic stuff, supermarkets and all that jazz. So far only in Danish, but the old posts are copies of the ones from this blog.

 
Temaet i dag er Random acts of Kindness -- et begreb på engelsk, hvor man enten kun fredag i denne uge eller hele ugen er venlig mod tilfældige mennesker i ens omgivelser. De håber så det smitter - lidt lige som smil ... vi kommer bare ikke uden om Irma for øjeblikket, vel?
- 💙 -
The big problem is that my brain is filed up with this closing down. It can be hard to explain, but it feels more like I was told that a friend is terminally ill, and whatever I do, this friend pops up. Explaining Random acts of kindness in Danish made me compare these acts to smiles, spreading, infecting. And up pops this old sticker. It says Smile it's infecting - and comes from that supermarket long ago.

A free form verse must do. Sorry.

Random acts of kindness

Should be Random
shown to people,
accidentally there
the busdriver,
a passenger
a man on the street
a co-customer

Acts
Giving a hand,
giving a coin
giving your time
or just a smile

of Kindness
Stop being grumpy
or letting your bad temper spill over.
Just smile and be kind!
The world is a bad enough place
as it is.


6 kommentarer:

  1. That's unfortunate about your good supermarket closing. I'd be grumpy too.

    I like your poem, especially the explanation of random. So many people think a random act of kindness is paying for someone in line at a fast food place or coffee place. If they are buying that stuff they probably don't need the money as much as someone else does. I think people just don't want to be bothered looking for those who really need help.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I often pay in the supermarket. Not often, but when people franctically search their purse fro more coins, or try to decide what not to buy. Then I pay. Or the bus fare, or some such. And if the people insist not to buy that one luxury item, when I want to pay, I cite an old priest: The necessary things without a little extra is poison to the soul.

      Slet
    2. Oh! I like that line - I'm going to remember that.

      Slet
  2. I am very sad with you about the closing of your best store. The choices become fewer with each passing year, i'm afraid.

    Your poem was just right. I try to keep my eyes open to small kind acts each day. Some days i'm better at it than others.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. That store was unique. Yiu could do your shopping there trusting that no strange substances, no wrong dates, no false declarations, no 'poisoned' fruits and so on, ever ended up in your shopping net. That conficence is what I'll be missing. Now again I need to be alert so as not to be scammed.

      Slet
    2. Small kind acts - yes some days we're better at it. Let's always strive to improve.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.