onsdag den 1. februar 2023

IWSG

Måske kommer Onsdagsord senere

Words for Wednesday might happen later

- - - - - - - - - -


February 1 question: - If you are an Indie author, do you make your own covers or purchase them? If you publish trad, how much input do you have about what goes on your cover?

My answer: As I have never published a book, I do not know what kind of author I am / will be. I know that cover art is very important to me. It bothers me when scenes from the books are not faithfully re-created on the cover, eg. if the clothes of the main persons have a wrong colour, or they are in another place ... as compared to what is decsribed in the scene. If I have a say I would like to have Olga Godim create the cover for my books.

6 kommentarer:

  1. I am more often turned off a book by its cover than I am drawn in... Which, I suppose still means that the cover is important to me.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Covers are important. More than most people think.

      Slet
  2. I do hope you publish, and you get to choose your cover yourself.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. If I ever get the book(s) written, I think I am going to publish them myself. I have quite fixed ideas of how it has to look, and I know some who can help me.

      Slet
  3. Since I'm poor and stuck making my own covers, it may be a bit hit or miss. I'm a writer (although some might debate that) not an artist. I'd rather get the book published than wait around until I have the money for a better cover illustrator than me.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I do understand this. And I would give it a go myself composing from copy-rigth free pictures if I ever get my book done.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.