mandag den 9. marts 2020

Poetry Monday :: Sports

  Diane of On the Border and Jenny of Procrastinating Donkey are taking turns hosting Poetry Monday.
   This week Diane is once again teasing our brains with Sports!

  Normally Mimi is also participating. 
  I am really not the sporty type. I like biking through my peaceful forest, but not in a race, balls make me want to hide, and running, well ... to catch a bus is all. 
An elfje was what I could manage. 

Sports,
Strange things
Leave me flushed
and out of breath.
Watching

Next Monday we have to rhyme with: Money.

7 kommentarer:

  1. Well done. We are very similar in our feelings about sports; just wait until you read my poem and you'll know what I mean. It publishes at midnight our time - that's a little over two hours from the time of this comment.

    Next week's topic is MONEY.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. So right. We're even more alike. Biking, swimming and doing scissor-kick high jumpers in school were my three proficiencies as well. And balls, just No thanks. Sneaky things as you say. We had a giant cupboard like thing in the gym hall in school. It housed skipping ropes, differntly coloured sashes, throwing sacks, and sometimes me when something with balls was going on.

      Slet
  2. Snap.
    I am not a fan of sport - particularly competitive sport. Swimming I enjoy. Racing I do not.
    So I really like your poem.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes right. The competitive element - at least competing with others, I don't mind trying to outdo myself - is what ruins sports for me as well.

      Slet
  3. Perfect! I used to be a participant. When I had knees and assorted other joints.
    Now I'm in the stands cheering on my grandkids!

    SvarSlet
  4. Excellent! Sports are not my long suit, either.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.