mandag den 13. maj 2019

Poetry Monday :: Hope

 Delores of Mumblings and Jenny of Procrastinating Donkey are taking turns hosting Poetry Monday.
Today's theme is Hope. (courtesy of Delores).

I have not written a serious take on Hope, as maybe I should have considering looming ecological disasters, upcoming elections with known racists trying to get elected and so on, and so on. But it is not going to happen. This time I wanted to try an idea, rattling around in my old brain. Namely find all the words rhyming with the given word and make a rambling nonsensical verse in the style of the Danish Halfdan Rasmussen and the American Dr. Seuss. It was what Jenny-o did last Monday, and with much more luck than my feeble lines.


Full of  hope
you can cope
And say nope
to the dope
It's a slippery slope!

In the bathroom we grope
for the last bit of soap
at the end of the rope.
And when lovers elope
and the grey antelope
sends a red envelope
to the monkeys that mope.
It's beyond even the scope
of a friendly old pope.
To bring reason and hope
to this wacky old trope
of an old misanthrope.

6 kommentarer:

  1. Not easy to come up with all those rhymes for 'hope' but you did 'cope' and came out very well indeed. No need to mope lol.

    SvarSlet
  2. I love it! We need fun poems about hope as well as serious ones, after all :)

    I had a problem with the topic this week in that I couldn't think of a light-hearted take on it at all. You have shown it can be done!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. Fun poems about serious topic are sometimes needed indeed. At least I need a bit fun in all the serious.

      Slet
  3. That was fun! For some reason, the feed for this did not appear in my reader yesterday, so i am a bit late, but no less amused for all that.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. The reason for the non-appearance is most probably my fumbling around with browsers and so on still. I am slowly getting things to do my biddings, but some are still beyond my reach (oh, where is my magic wand ...) Your comments are always appreciated.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.