mandag den 26. juli 2021

Poetry Monday :: Parents' Day

 If you want to read some more, and better  poetry,  Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge - and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings - who also supplies us with topics - are writing wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read.

  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month - may  we hope for more!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.

  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is taking a break due to her husband's passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way.

I have something more to ask of you: If you read this and the poetry of others, would you please leave a comment. Half - if not more - the fun of these challenges is receiving the responses of others.


- - - - -

Parents' day ... we sure need a day for parents taken under one hat. I don't care much for Mothers' Day or Fathers' Day, but a Parents' Day, that I can applaud, as parenting is a joint effort.
I am still putting things there and back again hunting for moths, ans I do not feel well those past many days, so I try, I try, let's see what happens. Normally I'm not this explicitly in the faith department, but ... it just happened. 


Mothers and fathers, they are what they are
Because they have children, and they are the star,
Today we will praise and honour and laud
Every one of the parents and make them all proud.

We all have a mother and father you know,
And we were created by them and their love
But they have a Mother and Father above
That helps them and give them a parental shove.

- - - - -

Next Mondays topic: Ice Cream Sandwich Day.


Topics coming up:
Cats (August 9)
Tell a Joke (August 16)
Wind (August 23)
Monsters (August 30)
Shoes (September 6) From Mimi
Defy Superstition Day (September 13) Also from Mimi
Remembering 8-Tracks (September 20) Another Mimi

5 kommentarer:

  1. Thank you.
    And all praise to parents - the world over.
    I do hope you feel better soon.

    SvarSlet
  2. And do we ever need that divine shove! Well done, Charlotte!

    SvarSlet
  3. Well said! Praying you feel better soon.

    SvarSlet
  4. That's very sweet, I like it.

    SvarSlet
  5. This is beautiful and so true (we have no kids, but I see how my Nieces grow up).

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.